Padel is a sport of checking, make the right decision (which shot to use, which zone to choose, etc.) at the right moment to put your opponents in great difficulty, and you will win more matches. Making good decisions works, and must be a significant part of your training.
Bad decisions: the plague of the padel player
During a match, you have been constantly confronted with decision-making. In fact, you must choose the appropriate type of decision to solve the opponent’s difficulty.
So, you made some direct or easy mistakes to face with opponents who could easily finish.
You always have errors, whether technical or tactical, but by making the right decision at the right time, you will fail less, and therefore you will win more games.
It is true that we can’t be the players of Padel World Tour, but it is possible to learn from their decision. Why is he doing that blow at that time? There is always something to learn, and you can use that knowledge in your games.
Tips for making decisions
1. When to make an attack? You must attack a ball only when you are well placed, with an easy ball. If you are patient and waiting for the right ball to attack, you will have a better percentage of success, and your results will be better.
2. Play diagonally. The distance being longer, you will make fewer direct mistakes. We advise you to play in parallel only when you are confident, and you have an opening to really destabilize your opponent.
3. Just play. When you have a ball below your knees, do not try the impossible. This is a complicated ball, do not rush, play in the opponent’s feet, without taking any chances with the net and the walls.
4. The lob. The lob must be the most used shot by the padel players. He is both defensive and offensive. If you see that you are late on the ball, make a lob to give you time, and replace you.
5. The smash. When your opponent makes you a lob, do not systematically attempt an offensive smash. If you see that the lob of the opponent makes you backward, make a strip to continue working and wait for an easier ball to make an offensive smash where you can get out the ball in par 3 or 4. Use the right ball.
Alexis Dutour est un passionné de padel. Avec sa formation en communication et en marketing, il met ses compétences au service du padel pour nous proposer des articles toujours très intéressants.